Pasadena CA. The raw facts:
1. Carillo is robbed of backpack and laptop by two men: McDade and unnamed juvenile.The robbery is caught on security video.
2. Carillo calls 911, reports armed robbery.
3. Police take Carillo's statement: the unnamed juvenile pointed a gun at him, McDade was the lookout. Both were armed.
4. Police catch McDade driving car and order him to pull over.
5. According to police, McDade makes a sudden movement to pull something from this waistband.
6. Police shoot McDade dead.
7. McDade turns out to have been unarmed in his car.
8. The usual race-baiting media circus unfolds. (McDade was Black, the cops and Carillo were not Black.)
9. Responding to the racial firestorm, the police go back and arrest Carillo (the original victim). They charge Carillo with manslaughter. Had he not reported that the robbers were armed, the police would not have shot McDade, thinking that he was armed. So it was all his fault.
The sources:http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/ci_2027 ... er-kendrechttp://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/29/11 ... ed-robber/